Monday, March 20, 2006

Why am I blogging about M.E./C.F.S. and why are my posts structured like this?

UP: 10.30am (When I slow down physically it seems my brain gets more fertile and creative and for reasons of torture, mainly at bedtime.)

WHAT CAN I DO DIFFERENTLY TODAY FROM YESTERDAY THAT WILL LEAD ME TOWARDS UNBOUNDED ENERGY, PEACE AND HEALTH? – Feel yucky so more raw stuff and more veg juices to alkalise.

HEALTH STUFF; Nowt specific

SONG OF THE DAY: Rise, Gabrielle. It was on 3 separate radio stations today and served to galvanise my thoughts.

Dah da! My first blog. An inaugural moment. I started this blog primarily to record my return to health following a recent dip. Not just for me, but for anyone who has ever wanted to pick my brain over the years (I have done this M.E./C.F.S thing for a decade now so I am a bit of a veteran).

Getting over M.E. (or getting to a safe, stable, symptom-free state) is a bit like being given a weekly wage but not being told how much you have to spend. One minute you are so safely in the black that Scrooge would be a more appropriate moniker and the next, you are so far in the red, debt consolidation agencies look less like charlatans and more like life savers.

Along my journey I found, like most people in my position, my identity has changed numerous times. There was the Pre M.E’, me, the 'Chronically ill’ me and then the 'HA, HA, IT'S GONE, I BEAT YOU!’ me where I lived for a while with a rather considerable degree of false confidence and a mindset more readily attributed to a newly liberated teenager. My aim is now to create a 'balanced and wise’ me who knows her limits and knows what behaviours, beliefs and patterns are needed to stay within them.

As a yoga teacher and life coach my posts are invariably going to have a certain structure and style. I monitor my sleep in line with a recognised coaching principle; ‘let go of trying to force the correction and shift the focus to the accuracy of the observation’ (Sir John Whitmore – p139, Coaching for performance). I start each day with a short term goal that leads me towards my long term goal of unbounded health to keep my mind ‘solution focused’ rather than ‘problem focused’. ‘Health Stuff’ and ‘What have I learned etc?’ is my review and record so I know what works and what doesn’t. ‘Song of the day’ is just because music is my bedrock and changes my mood in an instant.

Blogging is hopefully going to be my map through an energy management minefield. Having never done it before, I don’t know if it will work, but whatever happens it is going to be an education and adventure - thanks for taking the journey with me (and no the blogs won’t always be this long!)

in hugs and health ;)

7*

WHAT HAVE I LEARNED/GAINED/ACHIEVED TODAY?
1. Got my blog started. As an amateur writer who knackered at best, it’s clear that a blog is a lesson in imperfection. How to write a blog - bash out something short. Click publish post. Done.
2. Be moderate in goals. Diet plans - great in theory. But when it's late, sub zero and your hands are cold and losing fingers like dead twigs, salt and vinegar and deep fried potatoes will always call to you like the food of the gods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home